Graphic design by Cristina Saxon. Images depict fictional Filipino superheroes Darna and Captain Barbel.
Philippine American Association of Madison & Neighboring Areas (PAMANA)
Party Like A Mon-STAR
Saturday, October 26, 2019; 8PM to midnight
World of Beer, 8225 Greenway Blvd, Middleton WI 53562
Register to attend HERE.
Come to World of Beer on Saturday, October 26 all dress up as a Mon-STAR and be ready to party from 8PM to midnight!
The proceeds of this event benefit PAMANA’s Scholarship Program including assisting students who plan to continue their post high school education and extending financial assistance to the women and children in the Philippines through ReGeneration International.
Schedule of Events (approximate times)
||Lechon Dinner, 50-50 Cash Raffle Sales, Silent Auction
||Parade of Best Costume Contestants
||Miranda Moon Tribal Fusion Belly Dance Show
||50-50 Cash Raffle Draw and Silent Auction Close
||Best Costume Awarding
||Monster Mash WERQ Dance Party with Min Li
|| DJ Music Dancing
Lots of opportunities to win exciting prizes!
- Best Costume Contest (female, male, couple, group**)
- Silent auction
- 50/50 cash raffle
Enjoy dance performances. Feast on Lechon (roasted suckling pig). Bid on fantastic silent auction items. Dance the night away with DJ Music. Philippines’ San Miguel Beer, Red Horse and other drinks from around the world are available for purchase.
- Tribal Fusion Belly Dance Show by Miranda Moon at 9PM.
- Monster Mash Dance Party with Min at 10PM. For half an hour, we will groove and move to a mix of pop music and classic Halloween tunes. Min will provide cues and will demo for your reference, you bring the energy and your dance body (any body that moves is a dance body), and get ready to shake, sweat and smile!
Food & Drinks. You may order additional food and drinks from the World of Beer menu at your own expense.
50/50 Cash Raffle
Silent Auction Prizes (subject to change)
Green Bay Packers Goodies Box, Filipino Grocery Gift Basket for depiction purpose only. They are not the actual items.
Costume Contest Prizes:
Best Female Costume: One (1) $50 gift certificate from Crowning Touch Nails plus 4 free Chili’s Kids meal awards.
Best Male Costume: One certificate of one month free membership to Princeton Club plus 4 free Chili’s Kids meal awards.
Best Couple Costume: Two(2) $25 World of Beer gift certificates plus 8 free Chili’s Kids meal awards.
Best Group Costume: Six (6) $25 Meat on the Street Gift Certificates plus Four (4) free Chili’s Kids meal awards each participants.
Admission Fee: $8 Member / $10 Non Member
Unsure if your membership is current? Check the Member Directory. Type your last name on the Search bar. If your name shows up, that means you are a current paid member.
- Admission includes complimentary Lechon and one non-alcoholic drink per registrant.
- Your admission fee payment is a donation to the PAMANA Scholarship program.
- You don't need to be in costume to attend the Halloween Party.
- Registration is non-refundable and transferable.
Not a member or membership has lapsed? Sign up or renew your membership. Click here to join or renew.
Thank you to our Venue & Lechon Sponsor: World of Beer
Special Thanks to our Cash Donors:
Donate. Can't attend but want to support? Make a donation. Click here to Donate. On the Donation Designation, choose "Scholarship".
Register to attend HERE.
Costume Contest Mechanics and Criteria for Judging
- Anyone who is in costume and are registered can participate.
- There will be awards for Best in Costume for female, male, couple and group categories. (Group entry will have at least 3 participants.)
- There needs to be a minimum of two entry participants for the category in order to have an award for that category.
- The contest is for everyone representing the themes I.e. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mythology, Anime, Theater and other realms of the imagination.
- Anyone who wants to participate in the contest must check/in or register upon arrival at the Welcome desk with one of the PAMANA Scholarship Committee members.
- You may register as an individual, couple or as a group. A person registering as an individual MAY NOT also participate as part of a couple or group categories and vice versa.
The judges’ decisions are final.
Contest participants agree to be photographed for posting on the PAMANA communications through social media, email blast or for marketing and promotions purposes.
Members of the Scholarship Committee are disqualified from joining the costume contest.
The criteria for judging are as follows:
- CREATIVITY (25%) Was the costume made creatively, colorfully, and does it show personality?
- ORIGINALITY (25%) Does the costume stand out from the rest?
- EFFORT (25%) Did the costume take time and effort?
- AUTHENTICITY (25%) How accurate and thorough is the costume?
For questions, contact PAMANA