Give Time. Become a Second Harvest Foodbank Volunteer with PAMANA and help end hunger.
PAMANA volunteers at Second Harvest March 2016.
As PAMANA volunteers for the Second Harvest, we will be getting food and other products ready for distribution to Second Harvest's partner agencies – food pantries, shelters, and meal sites. Our tasks may include sorting, labeling, packaging food to family-friendly portions, and cleaning the work area following the project.
Volunteering Dates & Times:
- Saturday, March 14, 9-11:30AM*
- Saturday, March 28, 9-11:30AM*
Must be at least 12 years old to volunteer. Limit to 10 volunteers per session.
To volunteer, please register here.
A. Volunteer Adult - March 14 & 28
B. Volunteer Youth - March 14 & 28
C. Volunteer Adult - March 14 Only
D. Volunteer Youth - March 14 Only
E. Volunteer Adult - March 28 Only
F. Volunteer Youth - March 28 Only
Adult is defined as 18 years and above. Youth is defined as 12 to 17 years old.
All volunteers are required to register individually. The same email may be used for several registrations. All registrants will need to agree to PAMANA's Photo/Video Release.
Register online through the PAMANA sign up page.
Registration deadline is Saturday, March 7, for the March 14 volunteering date and Saturday, March 21 for the March 28 volunteering date.
Questions? Contact PAMANA or Joseph Barut.
Directions and Parking: Second Harvest is located at 2802 Dairy Drive, Madison, WI 53718.
Please be aware of Second Harvest's limited parking. Carpooling is encouraged. There are spaces in the Second Harvest lot and also on the far side of the street in front of the building. Avoid a parking ticket from the city by not parking on the side of the street closest to the warehouse.
When You Arrive Please:
- Join the group in the warehouse through the glass door marked “Enter.”
- Sign in on the volunteer group sheet located at the Reception Desk.
- A staff member will meet with you and guide you through your project.
- Closed-toe shoes are a must!
- Food or drink should not be consumed in the warehouse though our break room is available for your use.
- No tobacco use is permitted in the warehouse.
- Please do not bring in purses, bags, backpacks, valuables, etc., as Second Harvest does not have a secure place to store them.
- In case of inclement weather, please call 608-223-9121; if Second Harvest is closed, it will be announced on the voice message.